Thursday, December 22, 2011

Hello and Welcome!

My name is Alyssa and I'm an American. I'm starting this blog to as an outlet to show other people in America (and other countries) how I live my life Asian-inspired. =) I LOVE Asian fashion and manage to find inspiration in SO many different places! I hope this blog will be entertaining and inspiring, while also showing how those of us who do not live in Asia can still dress and live an Asian-inspired life. <3

So! A little About Me:

I'm in my third year of college.
I am an English major (but even I make typos!).
I'm an American by birth.
I love K-pop.
I've taken two formal years of Mandarin Chinese.
I want to travel to South Korea, Japan, and China someday.
I love languages and want to become fluent in at least two languages besides English.
I used to hate Hello Kitty when I was little (I was a huge tomboy). Now I love her. <3
I ADORE music. I love music that makes me think and/or dance. Techno, classical, pop, rock, anything. I can honestly say I probably like at least one song of every genre.
I've been liking chill hip-hop music lately (DJ Okawari anyone? Found him on iTunes. SO relaxing.)
Yes, I do like anime. I go to conventions and the raves are my favorite part. No, anime is not my life.
My favorite Asian dish to make is the Korean dish bibimbap.
I LOVE spicy food.
I love sewing. Cosplaying got me into it, but now I like making my own clothes and other items.
I have a job in the costume shop at my school to make costumes for the theatre department.
I spell "theatre" the British way because it's prettier.

So really, that's me in a nutshell! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comment box. <3

~Outfit #1!~



 So this is me! I suppose you could call this a sort of casual, toned down pop star look. If you don't want to attract too much attention, but still wanna look nice, this is the way to go. The jacket is inspired by the Korean group 2NE1. In person the jacket looks sort of leathery but is actually a shiny suede material. I am wearing a simple cotton t-shirt underneath. My skinny jeans are a staple in my wardrobe. They are Fragile brand. There are two rings on my right hand: sterling silver celtic ring and sterling silver Aragorn's ring, the Ring of Barahir (nerd translation: it's a Lord of the Rings replica ring). I am wearing another sterling silver celtic ring on my left hand. Celtic knots are pretty and I'm part Irish! The earrings are silver colored (not sure if they are sterling or what) hoops with small chains dangling from the hoop itself. I wear Vogue glasses all the time-- I need these to see, so they are a permanent fashion accessory for me. =P The necklace I am wearing was created by me; it is a scrabble tile necklace with Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII on it. I sell them in my Etsy shop! See link below. ^^

The Breakdown:
Jacket: Forever 21
Shirt: Wal-mart
Skinny Jeans: Fragile brand jeans bought online at Sears.com (I wear a medium in them)
Rings: Various unknown and online
Earrings: New York & Company
Glasses: Vogue brand, bought at Lenscrafters
Necklace: Lightning FFXIII scrabble tile necklace from my Etsy shop HappyGifts4U


 Did I mention I like to dance? ^///^

And that's it for now! Thank you -so- much for checking out my blog. I hope you all will keep checking back for updates. <3 Take care!

~Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! Especially the dancing pic. :) Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete