Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry (Almost) Christmas Eve!

Hello everyone! It is the day before Christmas Eve- Christmas Eve Eve, if you will. ;P Heeheehee. I spent the day with my mom which was really nice. I live away from home for college, so spending time with my family is always really nice. I picked up the last of my gifts today. Actually, I would have been done but I LOST my sister's gift! I bought it a month ago and must have hid it really well because I can't find it either. ^_^;; I had a bad headache for most of the day- so bad it made me sick and dizzy. =/ But I took some medicine and played the Sims 3. I should've laid down, but I had been looking forward to playing all day, and a little dizziness wasn't going to stop me! *fist pump*

So in honor of this dazzling time of year, I decided to spruce up my outfit today with some bold and sparkly patterns!
~Outfit #2!~


Okay, so the shirt was totally inspired by the Korean group 2NE1. I see 2NE1 and think the word "shiny," especially since seeing their "I Am the Best" video. (Watch it in HD!) Also, below are some photos to demonstrate the shininess. *-* 



Seeeee? They are all so SHINY! I absolutely love it. "I Am the Best" is probably one of my favorite Korean music videos of all time. And as you will find out, many of my wardrobe choices are inspired by them.

The coat was actually inspired by the character Nana Osaki (rocker Nana) from the live action movie Nana, which was based on the manga Nana by Ai Yazawa.



I've never seen the anime, but I've read a few of the manga. I was introduced to the movie first, and I LOVE the first one. Don't watch the sequel. T^T It was terrible.
However! The first movie has become a sort of annual Christmas movie for me. I wrapped presents while watching it one year, and ever since I've just always loved watching it at Christmas time. =) I'm thinking maybe because it's snowing in the beginning??
But yea, so the coat was thus inspired by Japanese fashion, Nana Osaki style. She wears a jacket similar to it when she is singing on the table in her apartment. I just love the boldness of the pattern and how much power it can add to an outfit. To me it says feminine and confident. 


Okay, so back to the rest of the outfit! ^^


The shimmery shirt has a very nice wavy pattern of sequins against the plain black material. You see the shiny? I like the shiny. The faux-fur leopard print is a lovely half-coat. It closes in the front through the use of two hooks which are invisible both when the jacket is open and closed. The jeans are my staple Fragile brand skinny jeans. I am wearing black wedge booties(?) that I got from Payless for about $30.00. They are SO comfortable. I can wear them all day without them hurting. At the end of the day there is a slight strain, but that's only if I've been doing a lot of walking. I have a bad ankle, so comfortable heels are a must. I literally can't/won't wear stilettos, so if you're worried about comfort, maybe a similar pair would be good for you! I'd recommend looking for a cute wedge. =) Lastly, my mom was wearing the Santa hat while wrapping presents earlier and she said it would go with my shirt, so she put it on my head, hahaha. I thought it was a really cute hat. <3 It has sequins! -^.^-

The Breakdown:
Coat: Forever 21
Shirt: Forever 21
Skinny Jeans: Fragile brand jeans bought online at Sears.com (I wear a medium in them)
Glasses: Vogue brand, bought at Lenscrafters
Shoes: Payless, around $30.00
Santa Hat: Unknown, because it came from my mommy ^.~

And that about wraps things up! I hope all of you have a great Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Best of wishes!! 

<3 Alyssa

2 comments:

  1. Nice outfit, mi kedva hobbit!! We dont have an F21 store at this mall otherwise I'd totally buy that shirt for new year's eve! we're going out so something sparkly would be awesome sauce!

    I dont know if you follow Michelle Phan on youtube but she made a makeup look for Nana like a year ago if you want to try something to go with your outfit! :) She did a few other anime/game charries too. I hope she does more. Anywho, this is the video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGEHKibbm2Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Michelle Phan! She did a really great job with Nana's makeup. I loved that tutorial! And you're so right- a sparkly shirt would be great for New Year's! I just might use that idea from you! <3

    ReplyDelete