Monday, April 9, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Happy month of April, everyone! ^-^ I hope the beginning of this month has treated you well. It's been a bit stressful for me, getting to the end of the semester and trying to manage school work, fun, and my HappyGifts4U shop on Etsy. This month has been really good considering all the stress, though. I've been trying to keep myself happy by chilling with friends as well as finding comfort in some alone time. =)

Well, the weather was nice and warm again today, so I sported another spring look! I'm really excited about this outfit. I must have thrown a hundred different combinations together before I was completely satisfied with the overall feel and look of the outfit today. (Okay, so maybe just four or five combos ;P) Here is the result of my efforts!

~Outfit #7!~
Showing off my yukata-esque sleeves <3

I am soooo happy I finally found an outfit to wear the sheer, yukata/kimono-esque shawl with. It is such a beautiful and elegant garment, in it there is also a fun, girlish charm, which makes it great for multiple moods and looks. The orange dress is sleeveless, and the yukata shawl also functions as a way for me to be just a little more modest and show a different side of my personality, as well. The belt came with the dress, and its color fit in nicely with everything else. The pearls helped to add just the right amount of jewelry, fun, and classiness to the outfit.

I was a little iffy about the tights at first, but I wasn't really comfortable wearing such a short dress without them-- but I'm SO glad I tried them on because they work GREAT with this outfit. They definitely add some Asian flair to the outfit that would otherwise be missing. The little bows on them are just sooo Asian to me. I'm very happy that I bought them on a whim, because I've really come to love them.

The Breakdown:

Dress: Body Central, $21.00
Belt: Came with the dress
Yukata/Kimono Shawl: Forever 21, Japanese inspired
Tights: Random accessory store, $8.00
Shoes: Payless, on sale for $15.00
Pearls: Forever 21
Glasses: Vogue brand, bought at Lenscrafters
Overall Inspiration: East Asia in the springtime <3

This outfit made me feel really cute, beautiful, fun, and confident in who I am. I definitely tailored each piece to fit me, and I would always encourage you to do the same. Don't be afraid of throwing mismatched things together, because that could be your new best outfit in the making! That's totally what happened with this outfit, and I love it so much.

If you would like to see additional photos, please visit my Flickr page.

*~----------------------------------------------------~*

Before I sign off, I would like to bring attention to some wonderful opportunities for American K-pop fans! On April 20th, tickets go on sale for Jay Park's American tour!! =DD He will be performing in Washington D.C., New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Check out the link below, and be sure to stalk the tickets at midnight, because they usually go really fast-- sometimes within minutes!  http://verizonapahmtour.com/

Also! On May 20th there is a concert featuring Super Junior, TVXQ (DBSK), BoA, Girl's Generation, Kangta, and Exo 4. *-* I've heard that f(x) and SHINee might be involved, as well.  The concert is in California and tickets are between $50-$300. I want to go sooo badly!!!!! T___T I hope I can find someway to find the funds to do so. I've never been to a K-pop concert, but I would absolutely LOVE it. I hope some of you are able to go, as well! Let me know if you are able to go or not in the comments box! ^_^ 

Well everyone, I can't give you any bigger news than that, so for now I am off. Have a great rest of your night/day. Also wishing you a good rest of the semester!

<3 Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment